I wanted to try to separate the sites into the following categories.
- official government sites
- http://www.oregonlive.com/ this is the official newspaper website and it is nearly useless for trip planning. There is a calendar is not very utilized
- sites created by locals and kept up with hard work and love
- www.culturaloregon.com - unknown author - the site is mostly article driven - vs driven by easy trip planning
- www.pdxpipeline.com - this is a very good calendar that also has an app associated with it. This is a very good website for events that is curated and active.
- http://www.portlandfoodmap.com - a very good website
- national sites that could be a franchise or a national site
- www.Yelp.com - very useful and there are tons of reviews for Portland businesses here. The calendar utilization is so so
- sites to help you find things to do around town
- www.meetup.com - meetup is very popular in Portland as it is everywhere
- www.eventbrite.com - this is not used as much for tech from what I see in 2013. Probably because caligator is so great.
- www.caligator.org - this is the goto resource for finding tech events to go to. The site is absolutely wonderful and it integrates nicely with my google calendar that I use.
- www.yelp.com - has some events
Post a Comment